The Deadly Sins
b.xavier at internet.lu
Thu Sep 22 13:10:17 CDT 2005
you forgot rule X
only petac'hs companies release software without challenges for their
support teams or users...
From: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Ken Norris
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 7:11 PM
To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
Subject: Re: The Deadly Sins
Never mind -- I found it -- see below.
> Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:12:05 -0700
> From: Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net>
> Subject: The Deadly Sin
I previously wrote:
What about Klingon Coding practices?
Say, where are those anyway? I can't find them :-/ I remember I tipped over
my office chair and fell on the floor because of laughing so hard.
Here the list -- from Xavier:
• Previous message: REV and multimedia
• Next message: mission critical apps; was Re: cross platform
• Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [
While you all debate the pros and con of win/mac/lin and the rest...
Top 12 Things A Klingon Programmer Would Say
12. Specifications are for the weak and timid!
11. This machine is a piece of GAGH! I need dual Pentium processors
if I am to
do battle with this code!
10. You cannot really appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in
9. Indentation?! -- I will show you how to indent when I indent
8. What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software
Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality
assurance people in its wake.
7. Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' -- they have
-- and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
6. Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle
5. I have challenged the entire quality assurance team to a
They will not concern us again.
4. A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment his code!
3. By filing this SPR you have challenged the honor of my family.
2. You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where
1. Our users will know fear and cower before our software. Ship
it! Ship it,
and let them flee like the dogs they are!
All the best,
use-revolution mailing list
use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
More information about the use-livecode