AppleScript - Silent Running?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 10:58:51 EDT 2005

google > " applescript remote" >  a bunch of links, some rather old.

'Tell' blocks can accept URLs in the 'machine' parameter, allowing
AppleScript control of remote applications via TCP/IP as of OS 9 in Nov '99

You can run a remote Applescript in Terminal
Check out the 'osascript' shell command.

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/ct/47 [several topics]
Controlling Your Mac with AppleScript and Java
A tutorial on how to use AppleScript and Java together to automate your ...
 the power of AppleScript to make a remote control center for any
AppleScriptable apps

Jim Ault
Las Vegas