"Rebranding" a Revolution .exe

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 17:32:36 EDT 2005

On 9/21/05, Ivan Wong <ivan_wongwh at yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
> Greetings from a new Revolution user (I'm not totally
> new,  but upgraded recently from Dreamcard to Studio).
>
> I am trying to create an software application which
> will allow users to personalize the software.
> Basically,  I hope to allow users to insert their own
> userid into a field named "AffiliateID" in the
> application "Main App".
>
> I am thinking of writing a separate "Rebrander"
> application that will allow this.  Would appreciate
> any pointers on how this could be achieved - would I
> have to put the "AffiliateID" field in a separate
> substack,  or is there some way that I can access the
> internal fields of the compiled "Main App" from my
> "Rebrander" app.

Hi Ivan,

It sounds like all you really need is a way to store the user entered
data, as a preference or in a separate sub-stack. I wrote an article
for revJournal about saving data in standalones which may give you
some ideas.
<http://www.revjournal.com/tutorials/saving_data_in_revolution.html>

Cheers,
Sarah