[ANN] StackRunner 1.0.2

Marielle Lange rp011s7075 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 10:40:03 EDT 2005

Hi Jim,

I only triedthe stackrunner today. The stack runner is a great
addition. Two things I spotted:

(1) The downloads size are in reality 4.9 for the dreamcard player
and 1.3 for the stackrunner. The dreamcard player application is
accompanied by a components directory which is 5.7 MB big.

(2) The stack runner will automatically start any application called
main.rev in the same directory. This means that you can very easily
distribute your stack to others, without having to explain anything.
Just rename the stackrunner app to your program name. For instance,
run_this.app. Then instruct any user to click twice on this file and
the job is done. That's a lot lot easier to demo anything, distribute
to students, or attract new users.

Many thanks for this, Ken! A great addition for the education commmunity
Marielle

PS. Jim, your last "shapeline" stack is really nice, really nice.