How to run a program in a shell

Wally Rodriguez wlists at fireworksmm.com
Tue Sep 6 17:26:36 EDT 2005

I have created a new topic for this issue as I need help bad!!

I have an app (runs on OSX) that is basically a website generator.
Looks at some folders and puts some html wrappers around files there
after a user enters some info. Two of the items entered are a
username and password. The prog then generates all the html and
should generate an .htaccess and .htpasswd files.

What I need is to run htpasswd to generate the encrypted password
for .htaccess

The problem is that REV won't let me run or even launch a shell. It's
supposed to work, but it just doesn't.

If anybody knows how to run a shell prog and return it's result I
would REALLY appreciate any help.

Thanks!!