Darwin engine and AppleScript in CGI's?

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Thu Sep 1 11:12:02 EDT 2005

Just a small word of warning to those copying the engine from the
Revolution app bundle....

When I did this, the modification date of the Revolution bundle was
changed to the time and date of the copy operation.
Thereafter, double clicking on a .rev stack in the Finder would open it
in the Revolution Dreamcard player app. Using the Finder's "get
info/open with/change all" had no effect, and the Dreamcard player came
up, everytime.

The fix was to copy the engine out of the Dreamcard app the same way,
thus setting it's modification date to a later one than the Revolution
app's, if you see what I mean. An option was to trash the Dreamcard
app, but I didn't really want to do that, even though I never use it.

Cheers,

Mark