Getting generic OSX icon in standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Oct 30 13:51:38 EST 2005

Mark Swindell wrote:
> I can't help, sorry, but I have met with a lot of frustration around
> the whole icon experience myself.

Here are some things to try. Much of the frustration revolves around OS
X's reluctance to update its icon info in the Finder.

Build the standalone, assigning your own icons. After the build, if the
icons don't appear, zip the file. Move the zip file to another folder.
Unzip it into the new folder. See if it displays. This method usually
causes the Finder to update its icon information.

If that doesn't work, right-click (control-click) the app and choose
"Show package contents". Open Contents/Resources and then open one of
the icon files in an icon editor such as the one provided by Apple's
developer tools, or a shareware app such as Iconographer. If you see
Rev's default icons, paste your own artwork into each icon's space,
replacing the Revolution icons. Save the icon file. Close the icon
editor. The new icons may not display right away, so do the zip trick again.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com