Darwin cgi engine and sendmail

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Oct 30 06:13:45 EST 2005

Dave Cragg wrote:

> Thanks for this. Very promising. I got it working from my normal
> machine (OS X 10.4.2) from both a regular stack and a cgi.
>
> But I can't get it to run on the machine I want to use (OS X 10.3.9).
> I get this error:
>
>  postdrop: warning: unable to look up public/pickup: No such file or
> directory
>
> Googling for this brings up a lot of discussion about unix/postfix
> configuration issues. (Not really a place I want to go.) But no
> obvious solution so far.

postfix is an email sending program - a replacement for the normal sendmail.
It is "sendmail compatible" (to some level of compatibility) - sounds
like it is either misconfigured, or somehow the machine has got both
sendmail and postfix running and they are in conflict.
(www.postfix.org)

I'd start by trying sendmail from the command line - can it send mail at
all ?
If not, fix that before doing anything from Rev.

If it can, then try a variant using the same switches as you intend to
use (may be a problem with mail lists, or multiple addresses, etc. ) and
then with the same list of addresses.

.... and about then I run out of suggestions :-(