revdocs

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 11:41:14 EDT 2005

Good thread and I am sure that ironing out the wrinkles will be a smooth
process... when we finally get down to just wrinkles :-)

On 10/27/05 6:51 AM, "Lynch, Jonathan" <bnz2 at cdc.gov> wrote:
> I absolutely agree that the easier we make it to access and add to the
> wiki, the more likely people are to use it. ... Rev users are more likely to
>go to extra trouble than many other groups.

Perhaps it might be another avenue to have list members like me 'opt in'
where we give permission to have any of our serious post material migrated
to the wiki, and thus I know that passively I may be contributing content.

This is important to me, since I am very busy with 3 upcoming projects, but
would try to prep my posts so that the wiki could include them and not
require much editing.  Then once a week, instead of spending time with
family, someone(s) could Hoover the list for material that fits.

Suggestion:  all I would have to do is
Hi, good ideas, <wiki>material</wiki>joke, goodbye

I have to say that making a separate step/contribution to the wiki is not
attractive since I would have to learn yet-another
(convention/format/courtesy/rating system).  It would be kind of like
editing an encyclopedia and a tech manual in the same document space, which
requires new rules.

The reason I am taking the time to write this email, mainly, is that I am
just starting my day, first cup of coffee,  and my programming thoughts have
not taken over my body yet.  When that happens, even lunch today will be an
unwelcome interruption.

Hope this wiki animal takes life and prospers.  Light, fast, agile... and
not become a pachyderm with only one small tender crying in the dark.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas