revdocs

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Thu Oct 27 09:51:42 EDT 2005

I absolutely agree that the easier we make it to access and add to the
wiki, the more likely people are to use it. I guess all I meant to say
is that the rules that apply to most people do not necessarily apply as
strongly to this group... Rev users are more likely to go to extra
trouble than many other groups.

So, along those lines...

Some thoughts on making it easy and providing motivation:
1) Revdoc moderators, who also read the list a lot, can make it very
easy for folks who contribute a good suggestion on the list. The
moderator can look up the correct URL for a given wiki page for whatever
command or function is under discussion, then respond to the post on the
list with the link to that page, and a gentle suggestion like "Hey,
awesome advice, can you go here www.whateverTheURLis.org and add it to
the wiki. This means, the person being asked to contribute can just
click on the link, and voila, they have started.

2) Praise should be given on this list whenever someone adds something
useful to the wiki

3) The wiki itself should be as clean and easy to scan as possible. Some
folks have a penchant for messy, cluttered web pages, just packed with
all sorts of info. We need to make sure this wiki is very easy to scan,
so as not to turn people off when they first go to it.

This would be in addition to all the other good ideas that have been
suggested for making it user friendly.