working method?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 01:09:16 EDT 2005

After years of HCard and now 1.5 years with Rev, I am using the following
simplified system as much as possible.

--All handlers go in the stack script, if possible.
--All simple button mouseup scripts are identical
on mouseUp
  do (the short name of me)
end mouseUp
--set the LABEL of the btn for the user, the NAME for the program

on mouseDoubleDown
  do (the short name of me &"down")
end mouseDoubleDown

on mouseStillDown
   do (the short name of me &"stilldown")
end mouseStillDown

--stack handlers -----------------------------------------------
on btnPrev --<proc   only called by btn named ³btnPrev²
   --single click got you here
   put the target into msg
end btnPrev

on btnPrevDown --<proc
   --dbl click got you here
   put the target into msg
end btnPrevDown

on btnPrevStillDown --<proc
  --mouse held down got you here
  put the top of target into topp
  put the left of target into leftt
  --now call function btnLoc() with no parameters
  put btnLoc() into newPosition
  if newPosition is (topp&","&leftt) then
    --no drag since last check
    --because we have done nothing to move it
    --tracking the mouse loc would do the trick
  else
    --do something here
  end if
end btnPrevStillDown

function btnLoc --<func
  --Rev still remembers the last target clicked
  put the top of target into topp
  put the left of target into leftt
  return topp & "," & leftt
end btnLoc

--To document the stack script try something like
on getListOfHandlers
  global gOutput
  put the script of this stack into procs
  filter procs with "*--proc"
  put the script of this stack into funcs
  filter funcs with "*--<func"
  put the long name of this stack & \
      " on " & the short date & \
      " at " & the short time into gOutput
  put return & procs & \
      return & return & funcs & \
      return & "______ end of handler list" after gOutput

  put gOutput into msg
  set the clipboarddata to gOutput
  --now you have the report in 3 places
  -- msg, clip, and a global as long as Rev is running
end getListOfHandlers

Hope this helps you get started.
Also, you can add whatever you wish after the "--<proc"  such as why, what
it does, etc and it will be on the report

Jim Ault
Las Vegas