Runtime Engine

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 26 16:50:52 EDT 2005

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Stewart Lynch wrote:
>
>> I am interested in building a CGI that I can bundle with another Web
>> solution that I produce that runs on FirstClass.  FirstClass supports
>> CGIs
>> so I would like to offer my cgi solution with my web solution.
>> I was hoping that I could do this in revolution and perhaps use a royalty
>> free Revolution runtime engine.  Is this not possible?
>

> I think it would be a good idea to check with support on this. I don't
> know what the current policy is.

Last I heard the engine remained free for CGI work to help evangelize
the language in a context not likely to affect sales of the GUI product.

In the worst-case scenario if that turns out to no longer be the case,
one could use a standalone as a CGI, no?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal