AW: How trim: Bug in RegExp engine + docWiki

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Oct 25 15:19:33 EDT 2005

Ken-

Tuesday, October 25, 2005, 10:28:36 AM, you wrote:

> Actually, it *should* support the full form of PCRE, since that is the
> library that was used when the put it into the engine. The bugs you identify
> above are all enhancement requests, so they are not representative of actual
> bugs with the engine - in fact the only other two bugs I could find were
> related to docs and not PCRE support at all.

> So AFAICT we have a full and complete PCRE implementation here, with no
> 'real' bugs associated with it.

Well, my BZ #2805 was filed as an enhancement because I realize that
runrev implements *some* of the regular expression characters in the
filter command, but not all. I realize the matchText function handles
more of them, but whether this inconsistency is a bug or an
enhancement request is a matter of semantics. If the engine implements
the full PCRE set but I can't get to it using the syntax that the
builtin commands will accept, it doesn't do much good from a scripting
perspective.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net