Revolution back to HyperCard

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Wed Oct 19 21:33:59 EDT 2005

>Thanks, Tim.
>I gotta say, every time I see a post from Tim Miller in my In Box I
>always look forward to reading it.  No matter what the topic, even
>when discussing bugs and annoyances, you manage to convey and
>infectious upbeat tone.  Thanks for being you.

You're very kind.

>>Richard wrote:
>>
>>>With SS, what does the result give you?  Does it produce a list of
>>>found objects, or take you to them sequentially?
>>
>>It gives them to you sequentially, and it opens the script window
>>on the first hit. After that, you use the "find next" button in the
>>search-and-replace script window to get subsequent hits. It finds
>>the desired strings pretty quick, though Rev finds them faster.
>
>Maybe I didn't understand the original post, but if HC's SS is
>effectively only finding one instance at a time while Rev's is
>searching for all, doesn't it stand to reason that Rev's will always
>be slower?

It works about as fast as you can click the mouse. Rev is faster when
searching for strings in scripts, though.

Regarding the rest of your nice post, snipped for the sake of
netiquette, I think we see eye to eye. I appreciate your comments.
See ya round the hood.

Tim