Open source collaboration [WAS: Re: Rev vs. AJAX... Ajax vs TAOO]

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sun Oct 16 23:07:16 EDT 2005

Mark and Richard,

Thanks for the kind words about MagicCarpet. I agree, it's not
everything for everybody, but it is used by a lot of Rev'ers to help
manage their code.

Also, little known about MagicCarpet is it's ability to automate
updating of applications via the MGC SplashScreen app. It's currently
running in about 40 applications by myself and other Revers, both Mac
and PC (and even 1 Linux user!).

It's not 'supported' but the instructions and splash screen download are at:

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/MagicCarpetAAA/Instructions.htm

Also, interesting enough, the Filemaker community has picked up on
MagicCarpet and are now starting to use it for their version control as
well.

best,

Chipp