Open source collaboration [WAS: Re: Rev vs. AJAX... Ajax vs TAOO]

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Oct 16 14:06:46 EDT 2005

david-

Sunday, October 16, 2005, 6:47:08 AM, you wrote:

> CVS does not handle binaries so well, so  to keep track with the open

CVS actually handles binaries *very* poorly, usually resulting in file
corruption, in my experience. CVS was explicitly written to deal with
text files, and the binary stuff was added as an afterthought.

> source guys we are moving over to SVN. Trac is a system that combines
> CVS with subversion source code management (SVN). Hope to get this up
> and running in the next month for those in Rev community that wish to
> use it.

Funny, I just started down the road of moving my rev version control
over to subversion, too. But I'd happily give that up if you can get
this running in the next month or so.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net