Open source collaboration [WAS: Re: Rev vs. AJAX... Ajax vsTAOO]

david bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sun Oct 16 10:46:34 EDT 2005

On 16 Oct 2005, at 16:02, MisterX wrote:

> that's very interesting!
>
> Will it be in a library format ? ;)
>
> startCVS
> commitCVS
> killCVS
>
> loadCVS
> replacethiswithCVSthat...

Taking a look... these are the bits that I implemented:

     Add file to CVS
     Check CVS log
     Check CVS status
     Check CVS status of file index
     Check out module from CVS
     Commit file index to CVS
     Commit file to cvs
     Create new OPN stack CVS folder
     Get Diff between working file and CVS
     Import Folder into CVS Repository
     Release checked out module
     Save Old Scripts to CVS
     Save Stack in CVS
     SourceForge opn-repository checkout

But they are not exactly stored as a conventional library - rather as
self contained objects that are referenced with "send". The idea is
that they are loaded when you need them and can be fetched over the
internet, and then added as hidden object to standalones without
breaking the limits on front / back / used libraries for standalones
- but then that's part of my non-successful open source workflow :(

So where's this Script Editor thingy?