Open source collaboration [WAS: Re: Rev vs. AJAX... Ajax vs TAOO]

david bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sat Oct 15 10:53:41 EDT 2005

On 15 Oct 2005, at 04:03, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> It may be (puts on 'optimist' hat) that Rev is so much more
> productive that an individual can do so much more ....
> or it may be (puts on 'pessimist' hat) that the lack of a RCS /
> CVS / subversion equivalent makes multi-developer efforts so much
> harder in Rev than in other languages that it just hasn't happened.
>
> If I've forgotten something stupid, or if some efforts have been
> multi-developer and I just didn't know, I'd be happy to be corrected.

Both? Certainly I think that all is required is some decent
collaborative infrastructure built into the Rev environment to turn
the healthy interest expressed on the list into a practical reality.
I am committed to doing this as it is part of my work to release the
Rev based software I work on for the Community TV Project here in
Vienna as open source. This means I feel for the reasons you outline,
more than releasing the code. It also means providing some
infrastructure?