Handling HTML Form POST in Rev?

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 18:07:16 EDT 2005

Hi Dan

I'm trying to produce a generic forms handler that can be used by
people running surveys. Rather than try to make a generic forms
design tool completely in Rev I thought I'd take advantage of the
ease with which you can design forms in HTML.  Then capture the Send
and parse and e-mail the info returned.  I could distribute the Rev
forms app with an associated HTML file and the Rev app would be used
to complete the form and send an e-mail of the results to a
designated address.

The idea came from doing a similar thing with web pages on a
university web site that used a cgi to e-mail the results and where I
use a Rev app to analyse those results.

The problem is that I can't guarantee access to a web server with cgi
on it in the variety of situations where I want to deploy these
forms, so I thought I'd try to build the minimum web server
functionality (enough to handle the form content) into my Rev app
instead!

OK it may be a daft idea but it seemed worth investigating!

Peter

--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk