2.6.1 release notes?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Oct 13 05:05:40 EDT 2005

On Oct 12, 2005, at 6:25 PM, Troy Rollins wrote:

>> Version 2.6.1 is a bug fix and maintenance release.  For more
>> details, please
>> see the IDEChangeLog.txt and EngineChangeLog.txt files in the
>> distribution
>> folder."
>>

> In the Root of the new Rev folder (the same place you found
> "Whats_new.txt") is "Change_Log_2.6.1.txt"

duh...  ok, yes it's there... so much for using spotlight  to find
"IDEChangeLog.txt"..

>> ?? Entering "deep mask" in the documentation results in nothing...
>
> Also in the root of the install folder is "DeepMaskSampler.rev"

Right, of course I saw that... but...  is this all there is to it?
setting a window shape to an image with transparency... some how with
all the "hype" over this new feature I keep expecting to find more in
the realm of "Deep masks: create animated translucent windows and
effects..."  so, where is elucidation of "animated" and
"effects" .... that sample is just a static window shape....

Sivakatirswami (who is trying to make his UI's, just a little bit
more attractive...so as not to project the idea the Revolution is
"ugly" which of course is not Rev's fault, but lack of attention-time
to design on the developer's part...  everyone is hooked on out of
the box  graphics "wow" factor of... e.g. KeyNote... which, by the
way cannot play a sound continously through several slides! )