Shared menus

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 6 11:24:48 EDT 2005

Paul Claude wrote:
> Thanks Richard, but you surely know that many non-apple appications override
> this rules, directly or through the Shared Menus Enhancer or the haxies by
> Unsanity; I have in my menu bar iKey, Metereologist, MenuCalendarClock,
> ABDialer, MainMenu, and there are many othe similar apps.

I feel bad for their ROI: the API is considered "for Apple use and
subject to change", which often translates to "your stuff will break
with our next release."

While I agree that it would be useful for Apple to open that up to
developers, as it is there's an argument for honoring their request to
support a more consistent user experience.

> There is a way to use this also through Revolution?

Not that I know of.

What do you need to do?

--
  Richard Gaskin