Bizarre problem of disappearing pictures on reducing stack size

Stgoldberg at aol.com Stgoldberg at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 21:19:58 EDT 2005

Yes, Jaqueline, that seems to be the problem.   The missing pictures are all
in the same place and same size and correct layer, but getting the imagedata
of the missing images comes up empty, unlike the other images.   I don't know
why, but thanks for the clarification.
Another mystery, sometimes the stack size came up reduced, other times (most)
not. I seem to be delving into the occult arts.

Chipp Walters offered another way to reduce the image and stack size with the
following script:

on mouseUp
    put the id of img 1 into tImgID
    flattenImage tImgID
end mouseUp

on flattenImage pImgID
    get the rect of img ID pImgID
    set the rect of img ID pImgID to 0,0,10,10
    set the resizeQuality of img ID pImgID to best
    set the rect of img ID pImgID to it
    put the alphadata of img ID pImgID into tAD
    put the imagedata of img ID pImgID into tID
    set the alphadata of img ID pImgID to tAD
    set the imagedata of img ID pImgID to tID
end flattenImage

Setting the resizeQuality to 'best' uses bilinear interpolation for the
resize, much better than the standard nearest neighbor interpolation.

Once you set it to best, you need to resize it for it to take effect,
thus the changing of the rect of the img.

Also, this will work with transparent png's as well.

I tried this but, for some reason the stack size increased rather than
decreased.   I must be doing something wrong since Chipp is the master.   Chipp,
Sarah, Jacqueline, Phil -- if you have any further suggestions, I'm listening.
Thanks.
Steve Goldberg