Using a card to make modifications to database

Fred Giannetto fgiannet at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 4 20:23:43 EDT 2005

Here is a copy of my script.  The point is for users to enter data into the
card and the submit button have the data inserted into the database.  The
sql works when submitted directly into the database.

on mouseUp
  put field "Name" into tName
  put field "Team" into tTeam
  put field "Position" into tPosition
  put field "Rushing" into tRushing
  put field "Receiving" into tReceiving
  get revOpenDatabases("MYSQL", "localhost", "test", root, root1)
  put it into tDatabaseID
  answer tName, tTeam, tPosition, tRushing, tReceiving, tDatabaseID
  revExecuteSQL tDatabaseID,"insert into test.nflstats(Name, Team, Position,
Rushing, Receiving) values(tName, tTeam, tPosition, tRushing, tReceiving)"
end mouseUp

I have the tDatabaseID variable to make sure I am recording the Database ID

Thank you for your assistance, There will be a lot of progress once I get
past these elementary hurdles
All best Always
Fred