High-Lighting an Image Object

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Oct 3 13:22:43 EDT 2005

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately :-( you can't set directly the borderColor of an image:
'set the borderColor of img 1 to red' don't lead to an error but has
no effect.
The borderColor of an image is inherited from the group that owns the
image, the card or the stack.
If you set the borderColor of the card/stack to any color, the
borderColor of any image on this card/stack will be this color.
In this case, the dimensions of the image will not change and the
border will mask an outlying part of the image.
If you set the borderColor of a group that owns one image, setting
the showBorder of the group to true but the the showBorder of the
image to false, you will be able to fix the borderWith and the
margins (in the text formatting pane) of the group in order to fix
where the border appears with great precision without outlying any
part of the image (assuming that the width/height of the group are
the formattedWidth/height of the group).
Finally, don't forget that the ThreeD of any object has to be set to
false in order to show a coloured border.

Hope this helps.

Le 3 oct. 05 à 15:13, David Burgun a écrit :

> I have an Image Object that I am using as the target of a Drag and
> Drop operation. I do the same on a text field and when the cursor
> is over the field it lights up (by setting the border color in the
> dragEnter and dragLeave handlers. I am doing the same with the
> image object but it has no effect.
>
> How can I highlight an Image Object so the user knows that it is
> capable of accepting the drop?

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software