list field-a race to the bottom

Rich Lague laguer at ucs.orst.edu
Sun Oct 2 23:23:48 EDT 2005

On Sunday, October 2, 2005, at 02:47  PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

>> I have made a list field for jumping to different cards in the stack--
>> and it works fine. But I do have a small interface annoyance because
>> the click-on-line in the list field then jumps to the bottom of the
>> list field. The only time this does not happen is when the list field
>> is scrolled all the way to the top.
>>
>> When a line in the list field is clicked it opens the corresponding
>> card. (The lines in the list field are card names.) There is an
>> openCard handler that sets the highlighted line of the list field to
>> the line for the just opened card.
>>
>> Is there some way to stop this jumping and just have the list field
>> stay put when a card name is clicked on?
>>

> Setting the hilitedLine of a field will always cause it to scroll so
> that the hilited line is visible. If you don't want this to happen,
> you can check the vScroll of the field before you set the hilitedLine,
> then set it back afterwards.
>
> Sarah

Thanks Sarah,

I'm not sure that is exactly my problem. The hilited line is already
visible-- it was just clicked on. It jumps the hilited line from
wherever it is in field to the very bottom line of the field. However,
I can see that your suggestion will work for what I want. I'll give it
a go.

Rich Lague