AW: Front Stack/Window???

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Nov 30 20:27:52 EST 2005

Alex Tweedly wrote:
> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> UmbrellaMan does that by letting you select which messages you want to
>> monitor.
>>
>> It's available in RevNet:
>> Development->Plugins->GoRevNet
>>
> Where is it once I get into GoRevNet ?
> It's not in the obvious place (Stacks / UmbrellaMan).

It's in "Stacks" as "4W UmbrellaMan"

> btw - each time I use GoRevNet, it downloads the 137Kb stack.
> Is it supposed to do that ?
> How do I stop it ?
>
> (Actually, I should be more precise - each time I start up Rev, GoRevNet
> will download the stack. If I select menu Development / Plugins /
> GoRevNet multiple times within the same Rev session, only the first such
> use downloads the stack, subsequent ones start up instantly. But if quit
> the IDE and restart it, next GoRevNet does another download.)

Yes, as with any downloaded stack RevNet stays in memory only during the
current session.

I could maintain a local cache to avoid the 3-second download (I'm
assuming yours isn't much longer, as I have the crappiest Airport
connection of anyone I know <g>), and we might be able to use the cache
for other things as well.

If you favor a cache, where would you prefer to see it stored?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal