ANN: Answer Dialog Patch Available

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Nov 29 13:39:53 EST 2005

I've had the same probs as you all, and finally got around to writing a
patch for answer dialog. You can get it by typing into the msg:

go URL "http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/answerPatch.rev"

Then follow the directions. You can also 'unpatch' with this tool as well.

Here's the bug:

RR decided in 2.6 to become more HIG compatible with dialog box widths.

Unfortunately, if a string is too long without spaces, it will run past
the standard width of the dialog box. This can happen when displaying
filepaths or large font htmltext messages.

The fix will only grow the width of the dialog when absolutely
necessary. It will still maintain the HIG compatible widths unless the
text runs off of it.

I also fixed it to use the Windows standard Tahoma font at 11 points as
well.

hope you like it.

-Chipp