Need help opening a Macintosh Hypercard addess stack on a Windows PC with revolution

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 17:10:21 EST 2005

--- Cubist at aol.com wrote:
> [snip]
>
>    If, on the other hand, you're getting "hey, I
> can't even READ this
> file!"-type errors, there may be something odd about
> the HC stack. I would suggest
> that you open it up in HC, compact it three times,
> and *then* try opening it in
> Rev. The reason for triple-compaction: I am given to
> understand that there are
> some things HC doesn't do to a stack the first time,
> which it does on the
> second & third times.

If my memory isn't playing tricks on me, I think
you'll have to binhex the stack after compacting it,
before you transfer it to a Windows machine --
otherwise some bytes might not come through correctly.
You can then open this binhexed file directly from
Rev, it will recognize it and convert it -- and it
will even convert some of the resources.
Hee, I may have the memory of a goldfish, but
sometimes it digs up information that could be useful:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/metacard/2004-December/007957.html>

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam - Tools for Revolution