How to check what card a stack is currently viewing

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 14:27:06 EST 2005

On 11/28/05 9:43 AM, "Jason - Polydiam Industries Limited"
<jason at polydiam.com> wrote:
> How do I currently check what card a stack is displaying?

if the number of the card of this stack is 1 then
--or
if the number of the card of stack "Not-In-Front" is 1 then

These are some of the various levels of access/get

--access current card, current stack
get the number of this card --assumes "this stack"
get the number of this card of this stack

get the id of this card --assumes "this stack"
get the id of this card of this stack
get the id of this card of stack "Showcase Functions"
-- does not have to be the active stack

get the Name of this stack
-- what you see in the stack inspector
--stack "Showcase Functions" (which could be a main or sub stack)

get the Filename of this stack
-- what you see on the hard drive
--which can *contain* a main stack and several sub stacks

--TO OPEN stacks that are on the hard drive but not open yet
go stack URL "/Users/myLogin/Documents/testStk.rev"
--which means 'go stack located at '
--I think 'located at' should be part of Transcipt

--access card or fields in stacks that are NOT OPEN
get the name of card 1 of stack "Main Stack" of stack URL
"/Users/myLogin/Documents/testStk.rev"

--unopened stack   get the values or properties
get line 2 of fld "shoppingList" of card "Tuesday" of stack "To Do list" of
stack URL "/Users/myLogin/Documents/MyDigitalWorld.rev"

--unopened stack  change the field contents WITHOUT opening
PUT "fred" into fld 1 of card 1 of stack "Friends" of stack URL
"/Users/myLogin/Documents/Contacts.rev"

Jim Ault
Las Vegas