This is what REALLY SUCKS about whingeing

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Nov 28 00:28:23 EST 2005

Second that... I've been using Metacard and RunRev now for what...ten
years? can't remember when I switched from Supercard... in that whole
time  think I had 4 corrupt stacks. All the work of which (script
wise) was easily recovered by simply opening the broken stack in
BBEdit and copying out my scripts.

I think this qualifies as about as  "Rock Solid!" as you can get...
and I use Rev intensively, every day... not for commercial apps, but
Rev apps drive key in-house applications for Hinduism Today
International Magazine and Himalayan Academy Publications.

Things you can do that still amaze me: like today in 2 hours I ripped
through 1447 old web files, fixed links... re-wired them all, removed
code, inserting new code and had the book up on the distribution
server before lunch... You just don't get this kind of productivity
with *anything* else I have ever used on a computer. And xTalk is the
only language I know....

vs: the Adobe environment we live in here where we experience
literally dozens of file corruptions every quarter (IDCS is getting
better though... so it's less these days)

Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery
katir at hindu.org