Near completion of Color Pattern Toolkit: IDE, engine, and font problems (part two)

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Nov 25 16:54:27 EST 2005

Xavier,

I just followed your suggestion to try to use graphics instead of fields
- something I had also experimented with some time ago.

I substituted the 2700 fields of test stack "ScanTest2700" with graphics
(and again want to mention that my present toolkit stack contains only
*one* field now containing color information)

The result for three passes with the scan button:

Stack with graphics 2371, 7930, and 13565 milliseconds.
Stack with fields 2667, 7611, 13109 milliseconds.

I would say there are no statistically significant differences between
the two stacks (we would have to continue to get a possible significance
on the basis of more data).

Cheers,

Wilhelm
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>