Rev and User Accounts

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Nov 27 18:01:51 EST 2005

Timothy Miller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In an attempt to keep myself on-task while working at my computer, I
> created a new user account, without administrative privileges. We're
> on Macintosh OS 10.4. The administrator can grant or deny other users
> access to applications. (This is done under the heading of "parental
> controls.")

> My plan was to lock myself out of the obvious
> time-sponge-applications. I wouldn't be able to use this stuff on
> impulse. I'd have to log out and log back in as the administrator. The
> slight delay and inconvenience might be an effective psychological
> barrier.

Sorry, Tim, I don't know enough about MacOS to help you.
But I do have one question ....

IMHO, the biggest "time-sponge application" if all is RunRev. I can
spend hours in there, happily tweaking things, trying out things, adding
features to my apps, playing with Revs features, etc.  So why do you
want to make it available to your "focused" login.