Pricing / entry cost for this tool

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Sun Nov 27 09:17:05 EST 2005

On Nov 27, 2005, at 2:42 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> But at the end of the day, Adobe couldn't find enough users who
> didn't prefer the more professionally-oriented Flash to justify
> keeping LiveMotion alive.

Products that have done well from the low end (which may mean, not
that they're still around but that they've gained legendary status in
memory -- you can take that to the bank, can't you? . . .) may not
have done it by attracting people who already knew that they wanted
to do what the product did (I must make a Flash thingie! but I'm
stingy!). Attracting casuals off the street, instead. A lot of people
tried programming for the first time because of Borland Pascal,
DeSmet C, HyperCard . . . They weren't choosing between one product
and another (e.g., a pro and a lite version). I imagine a certain
number of the pros on this list began that way.

Charles Hartman