Pricing / entry cost for this tool

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Nov 27 01:09:04 EST 2005

Frank-

Saturday, November 26, 2005, 7:13:30 PM, you wrote:

> I wasn't referring to the free and  old C++ available.  Recently,
> they had Learning Editions of All their current development tools -
> Delphi, C++, Kylix, Java.

Well, let's see...

C++ Builder *30-day trial* version 6 is dated March 2002
The Kylix *trial* versions are dated from mid-2002 (version 3)
The JBuilder versions are current but only run for 30 days
Delphi Personal is not downloadable but is "available through select
publications", as is Borland C++ Builder Personal.

...or you can purchase Delphi starting at $1090 on up to $3490.
C++ Builder lists for $927 (pro) and $2117 (enterprise)
Entry level JBuilder is $499

Maybe you were thinking of Microsoft? They offered a "Learning
Edition" of VB at the student pricing of $50. Then end-of-lifed the
product.

Mind you, I like Borland's compilers. But the Turbo Pascal days, or
even the Turbo C days, are behind them now.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net