Multiplatform Revolution

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Nov 25 10:02:04 EST 2005

>Thanks Tom,
>
>I'm still not clear on if when you buy a platform and add another
>platform are you just buying the ability to produce those
>executables or also run the ide on that platform?

The RunRev IDE running on any platform can produce Standalones for
ANY of the supported platforms.

When you buy an additional platform you are just buying the ability
to run the IDE on that platform.

>  I would be amazed if it did not let you run the ide but I want to
>make sure. I figure if I buy it I should add the other platform
>while I am at it. The savings are $100 and I work on both platforms
>all the time regardless of if I have a specific need at this point.
>I wish there was some other licensing scheme that allowed
>multiplatform. Maybe a licence that allowed you to run the ide on
>all platforms but if you want to actually produce executables for
>platform x that is when you need to acquire a license for that
>platform. I have always felt that these kinds of tools shoudl do all
>they can to get in peoples hands and get them hooked. Make them pay
>when they actually need it.

It works the exact opposite way around! You can develop for any
target on N host platforms, you pay for the N platforms not for the
ability to produce Standalones.

Hope this helps
Dave