Filter Command

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 15:38:10 EST 2005

Experiment with the following:
My preferred method for this is to copy and paste into BBEdit (I am on a
Mac) and look for high/low ASCII invisibles.
This is especially true if the list is derived from a web source.

--- Alternately
--------------- start copy
put url theHeadlinesFile into headlineList
filter headlineList with "TSE" -- to get a list of only those lines
set the itemdel to tab
repeat with x = 1 to the number of lines in headlineList
   get the number of chars in (item 2 of line x of headlineList)
   put (the number of chars in it) into (item 1 of line x of headlineList)
end repeat
breakpoint
..then see if the numbers add up like you think
There could be 'hidden' characters confusing the filter command

In that case the answer would be to [if the char was (11)]
replace numtochar(11) with "" in headlineList
before doing the filter command

Jim Ault
Las Vegas