Help for total newbie making a dissertation application

Ben Bock benbock at msn.com
Mon Nov 21 02:32:38 EST 2005

Hello, complete newbie here.  I purchased Revolution Studio for creating an application to use in my doctoral dissertation.  This is a research project, not a commercial project.  I have a limited time to make things work.  Trying to figure things out on my own, and making slow progress.  I have no programming experience.

Here are the simplified objectives for a standalone application to be individually administered to research participants.

1. I have a series of .mpg files ~ 60 sec in duration that I want my participants to view, with no input from them needed.
2.  The participants will complete a series of different questionnaires that I will need to present in Revolution, and input their "yes-no" answers on the screen using a mouse.
3.  I want their answers to be stored for each individual so that I can place the answers in a statistical spreadsheet.  If I can get the answers to Excel, that will be all I need to get them where I need them, but the destination is a Windows stats package, SPSS.  I know what a database is, but have never worked with one.

I think my needs are simple, but there is a foundation needed that I simply don't yet have.  I am looking for similar applications that I might borrow from to make this project work, but I will cheerfully accept any suggestions or advice, to help me distinguish my ass from a teakettle in this new landscape.  I am still working thru the video tutorials that came with my Studio disk.

My email is benbock at msn.com<mailto:benbock at msn.com>

Thank you for any help in this,

Ben