You Either Think Graphically or You Don't

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sun Nov 20 14:57:13 EST 2005

Hi Greg,

Don't confuse ideas and means :-)
Have an Idea without thinking of the means needed to realise it.
The Idea id the only thing that counts.
Check it against the market. If it does exist, that a bad idea.
When you will have got the idea that does not exist yet and that
makes you insomniac then search the best tool to make it a reality.
Could be Rev...

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 20 nov. 05 à 20:33, Greg Smith a écrit :

> I really don't want to stir up a debate, but I feel lost in today's
> world of application creation.
>
> What kind of application do you want to make?
>
> What kind of appication like you want to make is already out there
> by the dozens?
>
> Why make a duplicate of an application that exists and already does
> most of what you want?
>
> Why spend months/years learning to develop something that you could
> buy for relatively little money from someone else?
>
> Is your idea really that much better than one that has already been
> put into code?
>
> Why "code" at all?
>
> Has the wheel really been invented over and over again?
>
> Why is it so hard to make an application without re-inventing
> something that has already been made thousands of times?
>
> With all of this talk about object oriented, reusable code, why
> does it still take so long to produce anything really useful or
> unique?
>
> Why does everyone keep inventing new database software?
>
> Why don't game creators usually finish what they start?
>
> Why don't more people use Revolution to develop modern style games?
>
> Why can't most artists learn to code?  Why don't most artists even
> want to try to learn to code?
>
> I'm an artist and an animator who wants to make his art "do
> something", but I loathe programming, what can I do, anyway?  Can
> Revolution help me?
>
> How come I can't think like a machine?
>

> Well, there it is.
>
> Greg Smith