lock screen doesn't!

Raymond E. Griffith rgriffit at ctc.net
Sun Nov 20 09:26:02 EST 2005

I wonder if adding the following might achieve what you are looking for:

 on mouseUp
   open invisible stack "OtherStack" to false
 end mouseUp

I don't think you'd need to lock or unlock the screen. Being invisible, you
would not see the stack, so no flash, and no need to push or pop the card
(though you might loose focus on your stack -- you might have to click on
something to get it back, as in
   click at 1,1  )

Unfortunately I can't test it. My iMac is having its hard drive replaced (a
pain in the pattotie, I assure you). But opening a stack invisible loads it
into memory, and prepositioning it to do whatever task you have for it.

There are other ways to handle access to data stored in other stacks,
though.

For example,

  start using stack "OtherStack"

gives you access to its main script (not the other scripts, I understand).

But you can access its data with a script unique to the stack it is in,
something on the order of

 function AccessOtherStack fieldname,tcardname
   return field(fieldname) of card(tcardname) of stack(OtherStack)
 end AccessOtherStack

You could make it more sophisticated, of course. But there are lots of ways
to have access to stacks without making them visible to others.

I wish you well on your project.

Raymond E. Griffith