Cmd-A doesn't work from Keyboard in Standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Nov 19 13:35:27 EST 2005

Charles Hartman wrote:
> For the test stack I just pulled a Scrolling List Field straight from
> the tools palette. So List Behavior is true; multipleHilites is  false;
> traversalOn is true. I see that the lockText is also true,  which seems
> interesting. If you pull what you call "a regular list  field" from the
> Tools palette, is that property false?

No, locktext is true. All list fields must have locktext set to true.
Otherwise you don't get mouse messages in the field.

> If you have no  commandKey
> handler at all, doesn't cmd-A select all the lines in the  list?

No, not on my system (10.3.9). If multipleHilites is false, and the
field is a list field, multiple selections are not possible. That makes
sense, since it's the reason for the multipleHilites property -- to
specify how many lines can be selected. You can override this, of
course, by scripting.

I just noticed that even with multipleHilites set to true, Cmd-A does
not select all the lines in a list field. So I don't think that behavior
is supported, at least, not on 10.3.9.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com