MP3 sound files in Rev.

Marty Billingsley marty at vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
Thu Nov 17 10:36:33 EST 2005

Paul <PS1 at SoftSeven.org> writes:

> I need to know how to play MP3 files in Rev. I had this information
> one time but I lost a hard drive! Please help.

What I have my students do is to use QuickTime Pro to convert the
mp3 files to mov files.  That way they can import the sound as a
video and play it using
 play videoclip songfile.mov

Because the sound is imported into the stack, students don't have to
bother with filename paths.  Also, because it's a videoclip, they can
pause and resume the sound when needed.  Audioclips don't have that
capability.

It seems odd to change audio into video, but this has worked well
for us.

  - marty

--
Marty Billingsley (marty at ucls.uchicago.edu)
The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools