Load URL returns error 10049

Erin D. Smale esmale at welshpiper.com
Tue Nov 15 09:22:43 EST 2005

Hi Dave,

I would check to see how she gets her IP, just to rule out any oddity.
She can ping the address, but if her DHCP settings are wonky, that
address may not resolve to the correct site. So, yes, if you could get
her IP (static or dynamic?), default gateway, subnet mask, and host file
(if any), we might rule out some things.

Also, see what happens when she enters the address and URL in her
browser directly--if she gets the same error, I'd say it's a problem
with her IP setup; if she gets through, it's time for plan B. ;-)

-- Erin

Check out The Chimera RPG:
http://www.welshpiper.com