[OT] Sony music installs secret malware gateway

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Fri Nov 11 17:22:53 EST 2005

Just a clarification: from everything I read, you have to accept the Sony
EULA on Windows before it will install the rootkit, so it isn't automatic
on Windows.  The installer automatically runs, but nothing is automatically
installed unless you click ok.  So the problem isn't the autorun, per se.

But the EULA doesn't disclose that modifications to your OS will be made...