QT anomaly

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Nov 10 21:04:29 EST 2005

Recently, Richard Gaskin  wrote:

>> Spaces in the file path will sometimes confuse Rev -- perhaps this is the
>> issue.  See the past thread here:
>>
>> http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2005-July/061722.html
>>
>> ...and also note the "space fix":
>>
>> http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2005-July/061730.html
>
> Thanks for the tip, but he and I are using the same path all the way
> down except for the user name.  I have spaces in the file name, and it
> plays well on my system here running the same app with the same OS and
> QT versions.  :(

You still might consider implementing the fix if you're distributing your
stack/app to multiple parties as this will make player performance more
reliable.

In any event, you say the difference between your setup and and you client's
is the user name.  Is it possible something is going on there?  Maybe some
non-Roman characters in the name or something else?

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design