How is the built-in controls made?

Jan Sælid selid at broadpark.no
Wed Nov 9 16:44:10 EST 2005

So...

If I understand this right the "Tab Panel" is just a button. And the face of
the button is what changes.
Ok.
But...The "face"? What is the face made of? Polygons? Lines?

The reason I'm making a fuzz about this is that I would really like to make
a button
that behaves like that, instead of making 2 to 10 buttons in a group. It
saves space if you can make a button behave like that.
And I think it is much cleaner to have 1 object instead of a lot in a group.
(just for references)
I don't like to use groups all the time, because I don't want to have to
many objects in my stack.

Jan