My Prototype update!

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sat Nov 5 15:24:52 EST 2005

Yes - great case study and congratulations!

On 5 Nov 2005, at 20:42, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Comments:
> WoW, Revolution really made my job easier, It has been robust and
> simple and has out shined Director for this project. We can really
> use Revolution to further help us in this process of developing a
> working product on a phone/pda. However, It would have been
> 'REALLY' nice to be able to port the Rev project directly over to a
> windows CE smart phone/PDA environment. It would save us around
> fifty thousand dollars in development too.

Sure you know a hell of a lot more about this than I do - would be
great to get some info as TV and some simple interactive applications
on mobiles is a big part of the future of the project we are working
on here in Vienna.

When I took a brief look at this the road involving some scaled down
version of SVG designed for mobiles plus Java / javascript seemed
promising - there were some products in this area and it looked like
it would not be hard to create them in Rev - that is design the
interface in Rev - export the SVG and have Java / Javascript
libraries that much the functionality of the objects in Rev?

How are you planning to do it???