[Slightly OT?] Why It's Hard to Explain Rev

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 4 21:17:02 EST 2005

Judy Perry wrote:
> And, when I recently mentioned it to Chris Crawford of 'The Art of
> Computer Game Design,' he said that he only wished that he'd heard of Rev
> before wading neck-deep into Java.

You know the great Chris Crawford?!  He's a god. Loved Siboot -- nothing
like it at the time.

He spoke at a game developer gathering here in LA many years ago -- yep,
he brought his legendary whip to punctuate key points in his talk. :)

Great guy.  He's done so much for the gaming community (not to mention
the Mac community), but in this era of 3D fetishism it doesn't seem his
contributions are as widely acknowleded as deserved.

Tell him it's never too late to start with Rev -- next time I'm up his
way I'd even donate a day of "Rev as a second language" orientation just
for the chance to talk with him a spell.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal