Communication between modal stack and main stack

xavier.bury at clearstream.com xavier.bury at clearstream.com
Fri Nov 4 05:54:42 EST 2005

Hi Jan

What i do in these cases is to have the mainstack
call a prep handler to setup the modal stack's info.

When the user clicks on in the Modal stack, there
is a handler in the modal that can do 1 of two things:

1: set a global array to retrieve the information
2: send a call to the main stack to send it the information (same process
as the main stack calling the modal stack).

now, the handler CAN return information.

on dothis
  get that
  return it
end dothis

and the calling handler can do

 dothis
 get the result -- where information is returned.

As for the missing background, you can always specify control thisone of
background thatone of stack mymainstack...

cheers
Xavier

> Hi
>
> I use several modal stacks  to communicate with the user.
> My first question is:
>
> Is there a way to pass informasjon from a modal stack back to the
> function on the stack that
> opened it? Like "Return"? I use a custom property for now....
>
> When the modal stack closes the function in the main stack that
> opened it continues. Just what I want. But for the remaining message
> path in the function
> I have to refer to the main stack - even if the fuction resides in
> the main stack. Or else I get a background not found error.
>
> How can I prevent this. Do I need to set the focus back on the main
stack?

> Jan

To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
standards. The new format is 'firstname.familyname at clearstream.com'.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER