How to limit field to one line?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Nov 2 14:15:50 EST 2005

simplsol at aol.com wrote:
> Richard,
> I'm finding that the display of data becomes unreadable somewhere around
> 40,000 characters (this may depend on the field width settings - I have
> not experimented with that - that many characters could not be shown on
> a a screen without scrolling anyway).

This seems to be OS-specific.  Like you, I found that there were
troubles displaying more than 40,000 characters on OS X, but on XP I was
able to put more than 50,000 characters before it had trouble displaying.

On neither OS X nor XP was I able to display 65,535 characters without
difficulty.

I wonder what the determining factor is?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal