using shell() to kill app on XP Home?

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Fri May 27 21:19:11 EDT 2005

Thanks Dar. I tried the 'for neither' approach but it doesn't work, at
least for the Mac version of my helper app - it's a Unix executable.
However, shell() works fine for both starting and killing it. I don't
have the Windows version of this thing yet, but it'll be a DOS app. It's
a USB device interface app (for a specific device), using HID & low
level calls on the device side and sockets on the Rev side.

Phil Davis